The Grand Hall of the VEF Culture Palace is a magnificent concert hall, excellent for classical, jazz and rock music performances. Acoustic properties of the hall were highly appreciated by both academic musicians and rock artists. This hall also gained renown among foreign artists, hosts of theatrical and ballet guest performance, conferences and even festivals, thanks to cutting-edge sound and lighting equipment and highly professional crew of experts who ensure the quality of events held within these walls. The core value of the concert hall is the Steinway & Sons grand piano, selected personally by Vestards Šimkus, a world-renowned Latvian pianist and composer.
The special feature of the auditorium and the balcony is the circumspect seat layout – each seat ensures good visibility, regardless of its location. The renovated chandelier above the comfortable chairs gives the hall an elegant accent, whereas the light blue velvet curtain, adorned with ornaments and fringe, creates a truly solemn atmosphere.
- The hall has a capacity of 797 seats (477 seats in the stalls, 320 seats on the balcony); the stalls feature 6 places for wheelchair users.
- The rear section of the stalls can be used for the installation of one or two interpreter booths, or additional seats.
- Stalls 650 m2, balcony 203 m2
- Scene area 304 m2, width 10 m (to the curtain), depth 16 м, height 6,80 m
- Proscenium width 13 m, depth 3 m
- Rotary disk diameter 11 m
- Steinway & Sons D-274 grand piano
- Soundcraft Vi3000 or Si Performer sound console
- Projector 20 000 lm
- 9 x 6 m projection screen, dual-sided projection feature, standard image format 16:10, colour: white (cream) on both sides
- Public Wi-Fi network, streaming connection
- HES ROADHOG 4 light console
- ART – NET connection
- Lighting equipment is mostly LED-based.
- HDMI connection
|Grand Hall (477 seats)||650||1||220.00||266.20|
|Grand Hall’s balcony (320 seats)||203||1||100.00||121.00|
A factor of 1.5 is applied to the fee for lease of the premises after 10:00 PM. The preparation time is charged at 0.5 of the lease fee.
Usage of lighting and audio equipment is included in the lease fee.
Regarding any enquiries about rent of our premises please contact the Culture Association of Northern Riga Director Liene Kubiļus, phone No.: +371 25488536, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.